The Velodyne Alpha Prime is one of the world's most advanced LiDAR sensor. As a culmination of ten years of LiDAR development and learning from millions of road miles, the Alpha Prime is a sensor specifically made for autonomous driving and advanced vehicle safety at highway speeds.
With the Alpha Prime, Velodyne delivers the optimal long-range sensor for autonomous mobility. This state-of-the-art sensor generates high quality perception in a wide variety of light conditions, with advanced sensor-to-sensor interference mitigation, power efficiency, and thermal performance. Providing long-range detection of low reflectance objects, the Alpha Prime enables autonomous operation within a broad range of settings, including urban and highway environments.
- Best horizontal (360°) and vertical (40°) long-range sensor
- 10% targets >220m typical
- 5% targets >150m typical
- Ground plane hits >90m typical
- High resolution (0.2° x 0.1°) and point density at full frame rate
- Industry-leading, proprietary sensor-to-sensor interference mitigation
- Strong performance with retro reflectors & sunlight
- New power efficiencies for maximum operating temperature
- Proven, Class 1 eye-safe 903 nm technology
- Bottom connector, with cable length options
- Multiple manufacturing sources available for qualified production projects